- $275 – 100-mile race
- $250 – 100-kilometer race
SIGN UP DATES*
- 11/01/2019 – Team Run 2 Empower Registration opens
- 12/15/2019 – Early 100-mile / 100-km Registration/Lottery Bypass opens
- 12/24/2019 – Early 100-mile / 100-km Registration/Lottery Bypass closes
- 01/02/2020 – General 100-mile / 100- km Lottery Registration opens
- 01/10/2020 – General 100-mile / 100-km Lottery Registration closes
- 01/11 or 12/2020 – 100-mile / 100-km Lottery (time and location TBD)
Entry process for the 2020 event is as follows:
Participants can qualify for early registration through any of five criteria:
- 4+ Vermont 100 mile finishes in the past 8 years (100 mile race only) OR 4+ Vermont 100 km finishes in the past 8 years (100k race only)
- Overall podium in the past 2 Vermont 100s (for the distance they podiumed only)
- Aid station captains or their designee (each club that adopts an aid station can designate one runner for early entry)
- Athletes with Disabilities
- “Local Supporters” (race committee members, VT100 course land owners, etc.)
Runners who qualify for early registration will receive an email with their early registration code by December 10th and must enter during the early registration period. If you believe you qualify and don’t receive a lottery bypass code, follow up with the RD between December 11th and 14th, 2019.
General registration will be via lottery, as follows:
- Runners will be allowed to enter lottery either individually or with a buddy (i.e. either you both get in or you don’t).
- All names entered will be pulled, either for the race or to place them on the waitlist in the order pulled.
Want More Information?
- Read this blog post: 2020 Vermont 100 Race Registration Process. This takes a deeper dive into early registration rules/lottery bypass, as well as a closer look at 2020 lottery details for general registration.
- Read this blog post: 2020 Vermont 100 Lottery – What Are the Odds? This digs into the nitty gritty about lottery odds, waitlist odds, how early registration and bypass numbers impact this system, and to understand why our race chose to institute a lottery.
*All times given in Eastern Standard Time (EST)
TEAM RUN 2 EMPOWER
VT100 reserves priority race entries for individuals who commit to fundraising a minimum of $1500 for Vermont Adaptive Ski & Sports.
Please email the RD for more information or to join the team.
Make an impact.
Help change lives.
VT100 recognizes three divisions for both males/females:
- Crewed Athletes
- Solo Athletes
- Athletes with Disabilities*
* AWDs – We also feature additional information on our FAQs page that specifically speaks to criteria for entry, further explains division breakdowns within this category, breaks down all the rules for you and your guides, and more.
VT100 periodically updates a complete list of entrants:
- 100 mile runners (link to be added after lottery)
- 100 kilometer runners (link to be added after lottery)
After the races fill, you may enter the wait list here. As runners withdraw from the race, the top waitlisted runner will automatically be moved into the race and their credit card charged race fees.
- Please email the RD to officially withdraw your entry
- VT100 offers entrants a partial refund ($100) until 06/01/2018. This is reserved for those who request it.
- Runners are not allowed to ‘swap distances’ or ‘drop down’ in distance once the events fill.
- VT100 does NOT defer entries
All 100-mile entrants must complete a qualifying race.
- Complete a 50-mile race in under 12 hours (after 01/01/2019)
- Complete a 100-km race in under 16 hours (after 01/01/2019)
- Complete a 100-mile race in under 30 hours (after 07/15/2018)
Any legitimate timed event is acceptable. Alternative race distances (greater than 50 miler) may be submitted to the RD for consideration, as long as they are consistent with the standards above. There is no list of qualifier races.
There is no qualifier to run in our 100-kilometer race.
RACE QUALIFIER SUBMISSION DEADLINE
06/01/20 – Submit your qualifier information
All 100-mile and 100-kilometer runners must complete at least 8 hours of volunteer service to the greater running community.
Service must be completed within a year of the race.
Volunteer service includes:
- Volunteering at a trail, ultra, or road running events
- Volunteering for an adaptive sports program
- Completing maintenance on a running or community trail
Crewing and pacing does not count toward the volunteer requirement.