Gas. Food. Ice – Where to Buy It Along the VT100 Race Route
Crews listen up especially: You’re gonna need gas. You’re gonna get hungry. You’re gonna want to cool some things off. So we’re here to help you!
Find the best spots along the VT100 race route to locate fuel, food, and ice.
- Read more about each spot below the map
- View a written Google Doc list of each spot here
- Access each of these spots via this Google Map
- Interact with the embedded version of the map below. The locations are already plugged in, just choose the best fit and get your directions!
About Each Location
The following 8 outlets are directly on the Handler routes, and the basic information has been included in their written directions.
South Woodstock Country Store
- Address: 10673 South Rd. Woodstock
- Owner: Simarin
- Good for: Excellent short order breakfast items, and great lunch offerings. Ice, drinks, snacks.
Fri. 6:30 am to 6:00 pm.
Sat. 6:30 am to 6:00 p.m.
Sun. 7:00 am.- 4:00 p.m.
- Phone: 802-457-3050
- Address: 37 Pleasant St. (Rte. 4) Woodstock
- Manager: Jeff
- Good for: Deli and full line of groceries. Are geared up for the event, with extra ice, etc..
Opens 7 am every day.
Closing Mon. – Sat. 9:00 p.m.; Sun 8:00 p.m.
- Phone: 802-457-9320
- Address: 66 Pleasant St. (Rte. 4) Woodstock
- Manager: Raphael
- Good for: Stocking up for the event weekend.
- Hours: Daily 5:00am to midnight
- Phone: 802-457-1549
- Address: 433 Woodstock Road, Woodstock
- Good for: getting gas and other race weekend supplies.
- Hours: Daily 4:00am to midnight
Teago General Store
- Address: At split between Pomfret Rd. and Stage Rd., Pomfret
- Owner: Kathleen
- Good for: Has Ice – Will have breakfast sandwiches, muffins, zucchini & banana breads – Midday Sandwiches. Geared up for the event.
- Hours: Opens at 6:30am on Saturday (just for us!)
- Phone: 802-457-1626
Watroba’s General Store
- Address: 821 Rte. 106 Reading
- Owners: Robert and Zonia
- Good for: Ice, deli, produce, fruit, drinks.
Fri. & Sat. 7 am to 8 pm (Deli 9 am to at least 6:30 pm)
Sun. 8 am to 6 pm. (Deli 9 am to 5:00 pm)
Sandwich board out front: “VT-100 Supporters”
- Phone: 802-484-7700
Downer’s Corner Store (Jiffy Mart)
- Address: Junction of Rte’s 106 & 131, Weathersfield
- Manager: Steve and Missy
- Good for: Gas (has diesel), Ice, Convenience items. 802-263-9327
- Hours: 6 am to 9 pm (pumps close then). Deli – 6 am to 4:30 pm.
- Address: 4261 Rte. 106, Perkinsville (across from Downers)
- Good for: Burgers, Fries, etc.
Tues. to Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Fri, & Sat. to 9:00 p.m.
*Grill closes ½ hour before closing.
- Phone: 802-263-5677
Brownsville Butcher & Pantry (formerly Brownsville General Store)
- Address: 871 VT-44, West Windsor
- Good for: breakfast food, burgers and sandwiches, veggie options, wine by the glass, beer & ale on tap (and all your other weekend needs)
- Hours: Monday – Friday – 6:30am to 8:00pm, Saturday 5:00pm to 10:00pm (just for us!), Sunday 7:00am to 6:00pm
- Address: Rte 5 (Main St.) Windsor
- Good for: Groceries & Ice
- Hours: 7 am to 11 pm
- Address: Rte 5 (Main St.) Windsor
- Owner: Theresa
- Good for:
Serving full breakfast including muffins
Great fried chicken dinner
Will make sandwiches for pick-up; may deliver if large enough order.
- Hours: Every day – 7 am to 3:30pm
- Phone: 802-674-5555
- Address: Main St.
- Manager: Nina
- Good for: Convenience Store fare, gas, ice
- Hours: Open 24 hours
- Address: 88 Main St.
- Owners: Gus & Nickos
- Good for: Pizza, plus will deliver if large enough order. Also have sandwiches.
- Phone: 802-674-6861
- Hours: Officially open daily at 11:00 am, but usually someone there by 9:00 to take orders. Close at 9pm.
- Address: Corner of Main & State St’s
- Owner: Karen
- Good for: Specialty Coffees, sandwiches (Panini’s), ice cream, pastries, muffins. Have Wi-Fi. Full espresso bar. Both sit-down & take-out.
- Hours: Opens every day at 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Phone: 802-230-4107
Others Off of I-91 on Route 5 South:, before Center of Windsor
Harpoon Brewery Riverbend Taps & Beer Garden
- Address: 336 Ruth Carney Drive, Windsor. (2.8 miles north of Windsor town center on Rte. 5 North; 1.2 mi. south of I-91 Exit 9 on Rte. 5 South.)
- Good for:
Serving really good Pub fare food until 1 hour before closing time. Wings, Fries, Salads, Wraps, Sandwiches & Burgers, etc.
- Go to: www.HarpoonBrewery.com for complete menu and other info.
Open Thur.-Sun. 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Mon. to Weds. 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Frazer’s Place (small drive-in restaurant)
- Address: 2066 Rte 5., Windsor (halfway between Harpoon and center of town)
- Owner: Mike
Mon. – Fri. 6:00 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Sat & Sun. 7:00 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
The following are along routes for arriving at Silver Hill
If coming from the south on I-91, taking exit 8, and then Rte. 5 North, To:
- Address: 258 Vt. Rte. 131, Ascutney, VT
5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., but their pumps, including DIESEL, are open 24 hours.
- Address: Rte. 5, Ascutney
- Hours: daily 7:00am to 7:00pm
If coming from the north on I-89, taking exit 1 to Rte. 4 West
Mobil Gas Station
- Address: 3479 Woodstock Rd. (Rte. 4) Quechee, VT
- Hours: daily 5:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. (has diesel)
Quechee Jiffy Mart
- Address: 6800 Woodstock Rd. Quechee, VT
Gas: 6:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m./11:00 p.m. Sat.
Subway Shop 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Gas pumps off at closing
Taftsville Country Store
- Address: 2706 E. Woodstock Rd. Taftsville, VT, near Taftsville Covered Bridge
- Phone: 802-457-1135.
Mon – Thu. 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Fri. & Sat. 8:00 a.m. – 6::00 p.m.
Sun. 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If coming from the north on I-91, taking Exit 9 onto Rte. 5 North
- Address: 148 Rte. 5, Hartland
- Good for: Gas (HAVE DIESEL), Ice, Groceries, sandwiches.
- Hours: 6 am to 9 pm – 7 days
- Phone: 802-436-3244
- Address: Hartland 3 Corners
- Owner: Nicole
- Good for: Great food.
- Hours: 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Every day.
Opening special for us on Saturday at 4:00 am (awesome breakfast menu)
- Phone: 802-436-3663
- Address: (Next door to Diner)
- Owner: Bill
- Good for: Deli, Snacks, Groceries.
Fri. & Sat. 6 am to 8 pm.
Sun. 6 am to 7 pm.